Sunday 24 July 2011

Thanksgiving

My first holiday away from home, Thanksgiving. It was kinda strange because I’m so used to having the day off that it was weird to be in school but the class was fun. We did half of our United Nations of Television thing. We learned about Hong Kong, China, India, America, Germany and Poland. I had brought my computer because I had done a powerpoint but don’t have a flash drive so everyone else put their powerpoints on my computer or set up their youtube clips which was all fine except that I forgot to turn off my skype. Halfway through Barbara’s presentation my mom popped online and called me. Talk about embarrassing!

After class I went home to start cooking for the dinner I was making for Holly, Charlotte and Oishani. I got everything ready and then found out my oven wasn’t working. Talk about a major freakout. I had to go use Oishani’s oven and we ended up eating over there because we thought the food would get too cold on the way over to my place. I made rosemary blue cheese potatoes and pecan pie. The pecan pie with golden syrup since over here they don’t have corn syrup. I went on advice from Matt and Oli and it worked out beautifully. I even whipped up so whipped cream which was absolutely delicious on the warm pie.(I ended up making another pie with the left over filling and brought it to class to share)

It was a good night and it was nice to not be alone for Thanksgiving, even though Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment