Sunday 24 July 2011

October 6th

Went to the societies fair today. It was over crowded and people were shoving paper in your face for different directions. It was really just a way to pass the time before my class. I think this class on Modernity, Innovation and Audio-Visual Culture is going to be a good one and one that will make me think. I felt a little out of depth today. We watched a French film which of course was weird. I think it’s a prerequisite of French cinema. Plus I couldn’t see all the subtitles because there was a head in my way but I got most of the story, at least I think I did. : ) It was nice to actually start something school related besides all of these introduction stuff that I’m so tired of. Of course tomorrow is more intro crap but we do have one movie to watch by Fritz Lang so it has potential.

I have still be unable to find a job that I can still do while going to school or that I have the qualifications for. There aren’t many opportunities to find work so I might have to just keep myself busy and eat less. lol. I’m been feeling kind of alone lately but mainly because people keep pointing it out to me and keep telling me to go out and meet new people. I would be fine if other people would just shut up about it. It is different being a MA student because I’m only taking 2 classes this term and 1 class next term and then my dissertation which I still don’t have any clue what I’m doing it on, eekk! Plus there isn’t much work to be done during the classes. The essays that we’re graded for are due next term! It’s a very strange system. And the UK students have been more focused throughout their schooling whereas Americans get the rounded education. We dabble in things but never really go into detail so picking a dissertation topic is proving to be quite hard. I’m sure I’ll come up with something eventually. At least by spring time.

I got my personal tutor today as well and I’m going to have to go see him and talk to him because apparently he’s the one who will give me a reference and stuff. At least he’s an actual prof and not a PhD student (GTF) never had much luck with them. : )

Really a boring day. I had the stupid pointless meeting for my residence and my class and that was pretty much it. Nothing exciting…

No comments:

Post a Comment