Sunday 24 July 2011

Bristol

On Saturday of the Thanksgiving weekend I took the trip to Bristol. I almost missed the bus because I woke up late. I had stayed out late the night before to watch Twilight Eclipse at the Warwick Student Cinema. One of the leaders that went on the trip had previously lived in Bristol so he took us all to the tourist center to get maps and stuff. I had downloaded some mp3 walking tours so I used those to get my bearings around the city. It was really nice and I eventually stopped the walking tour, as the second one was going over the same places. I went and looked at the Bristol Cathedral which was beautiful but I still like the one in Coventry better. :) I kept walking to go see the Georgian house museum but it’s closed until Easter!  So I kept climbing the hill to get to the Bristol City Museum which was interesting but it had a lot of taxidermy stuff that was disturbing.  After the museum I still had about 2 hours left so I found my way to the Christmas steps, which is on the map but wasn’t anything at least at the time I went. I then took the scary step of finding my way back going a new way that didn’t involve the map or going back the way I came. Surprisingly I did not get lost! i was pretty proud of myself.

I went and tried to see the S.S. Great Britain but there was a wedding happening on it so I couldn’t go on it but I did get to see the other ship they have there which was cool. I then walked across town to see the Mary Redcliffe church but they had a private choir thing going on so I couldn’t go in.

I found my self back at the beginning of my trip and decided to have dinner at Subway which I had been thinking about all day. Ordering was interesting because I kept asking for pickles but the lady didn’t hear or understand so I’m frantically looking around to see what else they would call them but pickles was on their sign. The last time i said it she finally got what a wanted. I also wanted like regular mustard but I got honey mustard, thankfully it was still good. I sat and ate my sandwich but it was unnerving with the group of kids in there. It looked like they could be the next cast of Skins.

I finished my sandwich and went out into the cold. I walked around for a bit and found the war memorial that is featured in Being Human and that was really cool but then it was just me waiting for the bus in the cold. Overall the trip was good but could have been shorter or maybe I should have went to the zoo or something.
That was the last trip of the term since I didn’t go to Cambridge. There will be more in the Spring and if some of them are good I’ll go and friends have said that they might go so that’ll be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment