Tuesday 20 September 2011

London - Tower Bridge



September 14, 2011

I got up early to catch the bus to the airport and ended up scoring a cab ride for the same price of the bus which was sweet although I was a little worried that I might not make it to the airport but end up dead on the side of the road. But apparently I wasn't scared enough not to get in the cab, and I wasn't the only one so that made me feel a bit safer. I was fine with the flight and arrived back in London bumping into another American traveler and ended up helping her to get to the underground station and in the right direction. I felt pretty good about it being able to help someone with directions and it was nice to talk to someone. I went and saw the changing of the guard which was packed with tourist but I was able to muscle my way up to the front, this time I didn't care about the shorter people. I wanted good pictures and a good view so I used my height to my advantage. I'm glad I finally got to see the ceremony so I don't regret not going.



I then tried to go back to the Doctor Who Exhibition but it was closed so I decided to head to London and Tower bridges since I still hadn't seen them up close. It was nice to walk along the Thames one last time before going home. I also got to see the HMS Belfast.



Walking along Tower Bridge I ran into this Indian guy who was super impressed that I could speak Hindi. He was handing out information for the Tower Bridge exhibition and asked where I was from and trying to get an idea of how far Portland was from Vancouver, Canada which I have no idea. He though that was strange since I had made it to London. And I told him that yeah I've been to both the UK and India but not Canada or Mexico which got us onto the subject of why I went to India. It was nice chat but then I moved on to see the outside of the Tower of London. Did some shopping and headed back to Euston, once again with my feet crying at me. I ate for the last time at Ed's dinner, my new favorite restaurant (although not as good as the American dinner in Cardiff Bay) before heading back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment