Thursday 8 September 2011

Chatsworth House

September 5, 2011

I woke up in a great mood my legs were fine I felt ready to conquer the day. I got checked out had a short conversation with an older woman about the rain as it was poring. However, even the rain - which left me soaked - couldn't dampen my spirits. Jimmy Carr's Laughter Therapy works! :) Now on the train to Sheffield and Chatsworth House. I'm hoping the weather gets a little nicer to enjoy the gardens at Chatsworth but I don't think I would really mind I think. I could fly home today and be happy. I don't think I can express the mood I'm in accurately. Suffice it to say I finally feel relaxed. You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine.  

Chatsworth house is beautiful more inside than out but i didn't/wasn't able to see more of the gardens which could have made a difference. I got here early had a free talk outside and then signed up for the tour which I'm thankful for because there was a lot of information I would have missed. The ceilings were amazing but I felt that all the pictures on the wall would have been more interesting had they been like Harry Potter and moved.


 


The sculptures were beautiful though and I've decided I prefer sculptures to paintings. The current Duke of Devonshire (whose house it is) is into modern art which doesn't endear me to the Duke at all. Compared to Lyme Park I like the inside of Chatsworth better but the outside less. I bought a pin to go with the other two I have. I had hoped they had a commemorative spoon cause those would be cook to collect. I love my grandma's collection and althouhg I toyed with the idea of collecting shot glasses but that's so much mom's think that I want something of my own but not keychains - I did that once before. So it may end up being pins or perhaps I will start spoons when I find one I like. The pins were started accidentally I took a survey on a bus to get one for Hadrian's wall and was given one to climb to the top of Salisbury cathedral so the Chatsworth family seal is the first one I bought, but there's still time to change me mind - early stages yet.

Waiting for the bus to take me back to Sheffield to go back to Canley where I need to make more plans. Nothing planned for tomorrow but I must say whatever I do it must not involved lots of walking my feet aren't having it.

No comments:

Post a Comment