Sunday 3 July 2016

July 3 - Full Day Classes


Yesterday was another all day class day. I had my usual breakfast downstairs, but left a little early so I could catch up on some work I needed to do. Morning classes included two graduating student lectures (one on finding a writing routine and one on the relationship between comedy and drama) followed by a lecture on dreams in writing. We had our first workshop of the day, our extra added one, which took place in a different room. I’m not sure if it was the room or the different seat I had, but there was a different atmosphere that I really liked. It could be that I’m just getting used to workshop.

Lunch was on my own. I just went and got a pizza from the cafĂ© down the street. I needed something fast because I was so behind in work. As I left my hotel room I took my water bottle and stuck it in my purse, however, it wasn’t closed.  Luckily I caught it early but my purse was sinking fast like the Titanic. My papers were salvageable, but my phone had lost its screen. (I let the phone dry in pieces overnight and at the moment it seems to be working.)

I ate my pizza, got caught up, and went to afternoon classes. Two more hours of workshop. By this time in the day I wasn’t feeling very well, and in fact hadn’t been feeling well all day. I was still really tired. I had made plans with two other students to go to the Pantheon and have dinner, even though my plan from the beginning was to stay home and do work, but as the time neared and I did my best to work on the worksheets for our next workshop I was falling asleep. I knew I needed sleep, so I canceled my dinner plans in favor of eating my leftover pizza and sleeping.

We seem to still be having trouble with the lights in our hotel room. It's a guessing game each night which switch turns off which light. My roommate runs around the room trying each switch before remembering the switch my her bed. It's almost like a comic routine. We probably won't get it down until the last day.
I got a few extra hours which was nice and even got some of my screenplay thought out. I’m hoping to be feeling better after the extra sleep to be able to go out and actually see more of Rome.

It’s the Vatican and Baroque architecture for the 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment