Tuesday 22 July 2014

Departure

The day to leave for Hawaii has finally arrived. Part of me can't believe I'm actually going through with this. A vacation? Me? Unthinkable! But I'm really doing it. Last night was not a good night for sleep. I was too anxious to fly again and was up every hour. Nimbus was curled up next to me the whole night though which was comforting, but I don't think she wanted me to leave. Amber will take good care of her while I'm away. 
The morning went quick. I got up at 3 am which really wasn't necessary. I was wide awake and didn't need the extra time to wake up which I had intended. Everything was packed from the day before so I just had to eat a spot of breakfast, drink a cup of tea, get dressed and I was ready to go. Of course it was raining. The day I leave for Hawaii, it decideds to rain, go figure. The ride over to Julie's was uneven tuff, but the nerves in the car were starting to consume me. Julie was already up when we arrived and we had enough time for a quick chat before heading to the airport. The car lineup was ridiculous, but luckly we found a space at the end, unloaded everything, and entered the airport.
It was such a good feeling to be back in the airport again and to be going somewhere. We made our way to the Alaska Airlines ticket counter and got ourselves checked in. Thankfully, there were no lines to contend with. Getting the boarding pass was nothing compared to getting through security. The line wasn't that bad. The security dog smelled my shoe on the way in, of course, having once worked at the airport, I got everything ready ahead of time, which entailed me taking off my shoes. Getting up to the X-ray they announced that you should keep your shoes on even though they have signs saying the opposite. My shoes had already made it onto the conveyer belt. The TSA officer joked that I would have to pay a $50 fine for that. I was not amused. Everything else entire fine. I searched Capers to see if I saw anyone I knew and then went along to my gate where I wait for my flight to board.

1 comment: