Wednesday 18 July 2018

Workshop, Graduate Readings, and Sushi

Today was a very long day of classes. The day had finally come for my workshop session and it went really well. I am so happy to have such a great group of writers to work with. Each person really thought about their comments. Leaving workshop makes me want to continue writing which is something it should always make me feel. I couldn't be more grateful to my YA tribe.

Besides my workshop piece, I attended lectures on nonhuman characters, elements of setting, picture books, and choosing words. The graduating students read from their work and did a great job.

Lunch was uneventful. We went to a crepe shop. I got tuna and lettuce in a crepe. It was pretty good, simple, light and fast.


For dinner, the YA tribe went to conveyor belt sushi, some of us, like me, for the first time. We weren't able to sit together as a group, but our couplings were still nice. Conveyor belt sushi is an experience that I'm glad I was able to have.

It's pretty simple. You wait until you like the look of something and pick up the plate. Luckily, there wasn't any guess work. They had signs telling us what was what. I tried the boiled eel, tempura shrimp, fried rice and bean paste, and wasabi laced cucumber roll. It was all very good. The boiled eel was my favorite. Everything was nicely complimented by green tea Edie stumbled upon.

While the others went to go see a stair light show, I had to go back to the hotel. My legs and feet had become super swollen. I had no ankles. I soaked my feet in the bath and then put them up hoping the swelling would go down.

On the docket today is a full day trip to Hiroshima.

1 comment:

  1. Great to have this overview of our day, Liz! And I enjoyed my conveyor belt sushi companion!

    ReplyDelete