Wednesday 12 July 2017

July 12th - FlyPDX


Today starts my second year as a Spalding University MFA student. After spending four days bedridden from an illness, it's good to be out and about. I just hope my stomach will handle the journey. It's still a little tender.

I had all my bags packed last night so it was a long morning of waiting, especially after I dropped toothpaste on my shirt and it took forever to dry.

Fully dressed in a somewhat dry dress it was off to the airport. The lines at baggage drop off weren't too long. Security took about the same time. Now it's just the waiting game. Luckily, I've managed to find a seat next to an unused charging station and next to only midily annoying children. Soon, it's aboard the plane and in 10 hours we touch down in Amsterdam for a shirt layover before I arrive 'home' in Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment